Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Peanut at 6 Weeks...


is about the size of a lentil. This week our little Peanut's heart started beating! We won't be able to hear it for several more weeks but, if we were to have a sonogram today, we'd be able to see a tiny, pulsing dot on the screen. Peanut will double in size this week to almost a quarter of an inch long.
She's got a huge head (let's hope it doesn't stay that way!) with dark spots where her nostrils and eyes will be and her arms and legs have become little buds. Her heart is beating about 100 to 130 beats per minute...almost twice as fast as mine...and blood is beginning to circulate through her body. Halfway through this week, she may start moving her tiny little limbs, although I'll have to wait a few more months until I can feel her doing gymnastics.
I'm feeling pretty good so far. The intense hunger I was feeling last week has abated slightly, so I'm not constantly munching on animal crackers. I still get crampy every once in a while, but that has also slowed down. This should be the week when sickness kicks in, but so far I don't really feel it. Let's hope it stays that way!!

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425