Sunday, November 05, 2006

Our little Peanut at almost 5 weeks...


Our Peanut is about the size of a sesame seed and still looks like a little tadpole. He's made up of three layers - the endoderm, mesoderm, and ectoderm - which will later become his organs and tissues. Cells are forming for all major organs and his neural tube is beginning to develop. The neural tube (which begins the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and backbone) develops in the ectoderm. The ectoderm also creates the skin, hair, nails and tooth enamel. His heart is beginning to formin the mesoderm and is already beginning to divide into chambers and beat and pump blood! The mesoderm will also form his muscles, cartilage, bone and other tissue. The endoderm will house his lungs, intestines, thyroid, liver and pancreas eventually, but right now is creating a placenta and umbilical cord.

So far I'm feeling pretty good. I'm having trouble with brushing my teeth (it gives me the dry heaves) but I think I've figured out a system to make it work. I'm not really having any strong cravings but I'm definitely having trouble finding food that appeals to me, especially for my first meal of the day. I'm also finding that I'm very emotional, and prone to crying over very stupid things, like not being able to find the animal crackers in Safeway yesterday. Thankfully, a mother of two little ones helped me out and the crisis was averted. My breasts are just beginning to get a little sore, but I probably wouldn't notice unless I was looking for it. I'm definitely peeing a lot more, but that seems to be due to my unusual thirst. I'm not much of a drinker (maybe a bottle of water a day) but I went through our Brita pitcher like it was going out of style yesterday.

I'm still having some trouble sleeping. It's 4:30 a.m. right now and I've been up for about 45 minutes. Maybe once we tell everyone my mind can rest and I can get a full night's sleep.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425