Friday, March 09, 2007

I've had this head cold that started off pretty slowly in the beginning of the week and has turned into a snotty mess. My nose is chapped. Like, I need to put A&D on it so it doesn't hurt when I speak. So lovely.

Last night I finally succumbed to it and took a Sudafed. An hour or so later, I could breathe but five hours later, I was in a delirious state of mind. I closed my eyes at around 10:30 and by 1:00 when I finally looked at my watch, I felt like I hadn't slept yet. I was stuck in a neverending cycle of the same dream, but it wasn't really a dream. I don't know how to explain it but it was like each thought I had needed to be broken down to the molecular level and it got so frustrating because I kept having more thoughts and would get behind in my disection of them. So then I'd "wake up" and sit up and try to get out of the dream but I'd get right back in it when I laid back down. Finally I got up to use the bathroom at 1:00 and when I laid back down, it was only partially the dream. This time, my breathing was coordinated with thoughts. Like, I'd only be able to use one word with each breath. But I finally was able to sort of fall asleep. I never really reached a deep sleep at all last night. It sucked.

So today I'm sort of in a haze and just exhausted and my nose is running and snotty and my skin hurts from blowing my nose and my lips are all dry from breathing out of my mouth and I'm a mess.

That is all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, what is A&D?

Amy Anderson said...

A&D Ointment. It's used a lot for scrapes and burns and diaper rashes but I use it on my lips at night when they're dry, or when my nose is cracked from blowing it too much. It's the greatest.

Butrfly Garden said...

I just got over that. Day two, I was frantically searching for my Burt's Bees hand salve. That stuff not only moisturizes the tender skin on your nose, it also has menthol in it which opens your nostrils (if you're lucky!).

Hope you feel better! Mine went from Thursday night to Monday night.

bird said...

When I'm sick with a high fever I have a reoccuring nightmare. I'm at the bottom of an aspirin bottle and the pills keep falling on top of me and I can't breathe then the lid goes on and I panic and wake up.
THE END

I hope you enjoyed it

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425