Friday, March 30, 2007

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I have a very close friend that just told me she's pregnant. I'm sure she was nervous about telling me because I've told her in the past that I feel like we're in a competition to see who gets pregnant, and then subsequently has a baby, first. I know it's illogical to think that way, but I knew I had to tell her how I felt. I'm not sure she understands what the past few months have been like for me, but I do know that when I told her a few weeks ago that I've turned a page and I'm ready to move on and be happy for her when it does happen, she was relieved.

She told me she and her husband were going to start trying again the day I found out I was miscarrying. Obviously, she didn't tell me that to hurt me. She didn't know about the miscarriage yet and felt awful when I told her. But I always link the two things, her trying again and my miscarriage. Life and Death. She has a child already and has never been unfortunate enough to lose a pregnancy, and I hope she never has. I love her dearly and truly hope the best for her, her husband, and this baby. I was truly elated when she just told me. It feels good to be happy for someone...

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425