Friday, December 08, 2006

D&C

We just got home from my D&C.

The ladies at my doctor's office and the nurses at the hospital told me to get there at 9:30 even though my appointment wasn't until noon. I guess they were hoping to fit me in earlier?

They finally called me back around 12:20, gave me my IV, did the usual pre-op questions and then Dr. Montilla came in to discuss. He really is such a nice man. Once the anesthesiologist gave me my cocktail, I barely remember being wheeled into the operating room. I sort of remember them asking me to move over to the other table and maybe feeling them moving my legs around. And I do remember that it was FREEZING in there! That was it until they woke me up a little while later in the recovery area. Chris and my mom were right there when I woke up.

I'm feeling pretty good. Pretty crampy, but not bad otherwise. Emotionally, I'm doing much better than I was yesterday. I woke up a lot last night, and would realize what was going on, and that would keep me up for a while. Plus the crying made my nose all snotty and who can sleep when they're sniffing constantly?!

So, thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts. We'll get through this like champs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I'm so sorry to hear this. We (being me, mandi, hannah, and mom) are so sad. If you need anything, please let us know...
Much love from the first state,
renee

Anonymous said...

Amy, We all love you over here in Delaware! I'm so sorry about peanut. Keep in touch with me through myspace or through email!

m/l
<3Hannah

Anonymous said...

Lotsa love hun....

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425