Saturday, December 02, 2006

Christmas Tree

What a great day yesterday! We went to chop down our first Christmas tree at a farm in the Bluemont area, which is west of Leesburg. The weather was perfect. The sun was shining, the temperature was great. It was just cold enough to make it realistic that we were getting our tree (the day before it was 75 degrees!) but not cold enough to make us freeze. Here are some pics from our excursion.
We walked around the farm for a while and Debbie, Bob and Chris taught me about the different kinds of trees and had me touch them to make my own decision on what kind I wanted. Thankfully, I like the Douglas Fir like everyone else so we started looking around for our tree. And then we found it!




















Chris went to work chopping our new tree down and then we carted it away to be shaken and wrapped. But, before we did that, Chris spent some quality time with our now dead tree.

We got our trees (ours and Debbie and Bob's) strapped to the car and then went to get apple pies from Hill High Orchard. They have an amazing Dutch Apple pie. Yum!! We took the trees back to their house, loaded ours in my car and took theirs inside, and then got pizza at a new place in Leesburg. I was sooo hungry from walking up and down the hills at the farm, and the nugget was probably making me hungry too.
It was such a great day. I had so much fun! I can't wait to do it again next year.
Edited to add: Sorry the pictures aren't aligned correctly. They looked really good when I was posting this but didn't turn out so great when it was published. Oh well!





No comments:

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425