Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Self Esteem

For the most part, I feel good about myself these days. I hate the acne that I've had since I got pregnant with the Nugget back in October, but I think it's finally starting to get better. Other than that, I feel as comfortable in my skin as I ever have. I love not feeling like I have to suck in my gut and being embarassed of my FUPA. I love that this child has grown straight out, instead of to the sides, and that my love handles grew out with him. And I love that my husband loves the changes to my body also.

And then today, my aunt (one of many) commented that my face has changed. I said, "Besides the acne?" and she said yes and then puffed out her cheeks and made a chipmunk face. Family always knows just the right thing to say....

7 comments:

Kris said...

People just suck sometimes. Real nice. :o(

I'm sorry she said that. You're beautiful so don't let anyone make you feel otherwise.

Andria said...

Ugh. The common response to all pregnant women should be "you look great!" I get annoyed at the "you are so little/ OMG- YOU ARE HUGE!" comments. It makes me waver between going to get a gallon of ice cream, and well, going to get a gallon of ice cream.

Butrfly Garden said...

I felt great during pregnancy, too! It was the only time in my life I wore body-hugging clothes!

I know you know this, but people say stupid things - you gotta just let that not settle anywhere in your head.

Holly said...

I think you look fabulous!!! I'm dying to compare our belly shapes when there next month. Even though the boys are only several days apart in age, our bellies will be totally different in shape & appearance. That's what awesome about being pregnant.

As far as your aunt...would you expect anything else from her???? I get the same stuff from Mom.

Andria is right: "You look great" is the only comment to make to a mom-to-be!

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

I guess it would have been mean to say to her, "Well I'm pregnant. What's your excuse?" And puffed your cheeks right back at her.

That was a poop head thing to say.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, family is just awesome. Awesomer when their mouths are shut of course.

MBS said...

You look great Amy, I'm sorry your family is so, well, jerky. I swear there is something about being pregnant where people think it's acceptable to say rude things.

*grr*

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425