Friday, August 03, 2007

Did we move into the GHETTO???


So I came home last night with the Company Truck and decided to check my car out, which was parked in the VRE Train Station lot. I had parked close to the baseball fields and don't like to park that close, due to errant pop-flies coming into the parking lot. As I was driving towards my car, I noticed that the Rear/Driver side window had been busted out. I was HOT!!! Seathing and almost foaming at the mouth!!!

I called "Ranting Radish" to get the phone number to the non-emergency portion of the Fairfax Police Dept. She called them at 6 p.m. and came out to the scene of the crime. And here she is ready to pounce on the perps if they showed back up. I am glad that she came out to protect me!!! I had all but taped off the area...well not really! We took pictures as we were waiting for the police to show. Around 7:15 or so, I called back to check the status of the police coming out, and they said that the cops were busy and would get to my "Glamorous Case" (my words, not their's) when they could. So finally around 8 p.m. with no word from the police I called again and they told me that the complaint had been cancelled. So once again I was HOT!!! Apparently the cops had gone to the next VRE Train Station over from the one I was at and proceeded to cancel the complaint without calling me to ask where I was. So finally around 8:45 the cops showed up and took my report...getting me home by 9:30ish. What ever happened to "Protect and SERVE"!!!


Anyway, the perps tried to bang out the front window about 5-6 times, cause there are scratches and dings on the doors, cause they weren't strong enough to get through the window. The best part of it was when I found that they had cut themselves on the broken glass, cause there was blood on the collapsible sun shade in the back seat, but of course the cop wasn't going to take it as evidence! The only thing that was stolen was a pair of sunglasses, so perps watch out...I am keeping my eye out for those Oakley's.

My car will be in the shop within the next hour or so, so I am hoping that I will have it back before the turn of the century!!!

6 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

Good post, love!

Anonymous said...

Chris, I like the picture you took of Amy at the crime scene. She looks like someone you wouldn't want to mess with. I think the perps would have been terrified of her. Good thing she was there to protect you! I'll be sure to call her if anybody messes with my car. I'm sorry, I just had to have some fun with this. I love you Amy.

Andria said...

I hope they scored an artery, and bled to death. Okay, that was morbid, but seriously, wtf? What jerks.

Heather said...

Amy looks like she is cracking up at your misfortune.

Perhaps she's smiling because she has something to hide? Chris, have you checked her over for any scratches that could have been caused by, oh, say, smashing a car window?

Amy W said...

I lived in plenty of ghetto places in NoVa...but that is nuts.

Poppy said...

That sucks hard core! I hate it that cops don't want to handle the "small" stuff. I know they're underpaid...but hey...they signed up for it, so do the job...all of the job.

My son had a some *itch pull out in front on him Sunday, he was on his motorcycle. To avoid hitting her, he swerved and hit the gravelly emergency strip and next thing he knew he was sliding across the pavement and his bike was sliding the other way. He narrowly avoiding being ran over. Did this woman stop? No! She was followed by a woman who was behind my son for about a mile before that lady could get to a paper and pen to try to get her license number the *itch ran a red light and then made a quick turn down the next street. By the time the law abiding citizen got through the light and turned down the street...she was nowhere in sight. So she got away. My son called the police and you know what they said to him on the phone? Are you "sure" someone pulled in front of you or were you driving recklessly, lost control and now looking for cover with your insurance company??? My son told them no he was not and that he had 4 witnesses to the incident. They told him they'd be out...they were...in 4 and a half hours and after 3 additional calls. The cop that showed up said they figured he'd just leave! What *ssholes!

Anyway, sorry for venting on your blog but I'm not too happy with law enforcement these days.

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425