Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Doctor's Appointment

Had my 24 week appointment this morning and all went well. I'm measuring perfectly, baby's heartrate was good, and my blood pressure was low (110/65). Surprisingly, I've only gained 6 lbs so far this pregnancy, which is amazing considering I have an ice cream a day habit. Woot!

I asked the midwife about these sharp pains I've been having off and on for about a week now. They feel like really intense gas pains that last about 3 seconds, and then subside a little for a few minutes and then hit again. I've never gotten a read on timing them though. She told me that those are contractions. Um, I thought Braxton Hicks were supposed to be painless??!! Those suckers hurt! Guess it's just a coincidence that the Gas-X helped. :-)

She gave me my orange drink for my glucose test in a few weeks. Looks...um...delicious. The worst part of it, I think, is that I have to drink the full 10 oz in 5 minutes. I can't dilly-dally. Boo. I'll just have to get it as cold as I can and chug. Yuck.

In other news, our little guy kicked his daddy in the ear the other night. That's my boy!!

3 comments:

gail said...

Whoop Daddy's butt, Turkey Boy. I heart him already!

Poppy said...

You have my sympathies on the "yummy" orange drink. The colder and the faster, that's the ticket!

Good luck with the test.

luannemarie said...

The orange drink tastes like Orange Pop that is super bubbly. Not that bad, and if you put it in your fridge and let it chill, you will have it down in no time :)

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425