Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Doctor's Appointment

Today was our monthly doctor's appointment. Well, one week earlier than a month, but whatever.

Blood pressure is awesome, total weight gain is now 10 lbs and everything looks great. They did an ultrasound to check to make sure my placenta moved up and away from my cervix and it did. My cervix is nice and thick and the Turkey's not going anywhere anytime soon. Head, stomach, etc is all measuring perfectly.

Then it was time for our 4D ultrasound. First, the Turkey was upside down so we tried a few tricks and he moved into the right position after a while. BUT...he brought his umbilical cord with him and held it in front of his face the whole time! Sneaky little guy. We did get confirmation that he is, indeed, still a boy. I won't embarass him any further by posting that pic, nor will I let him know that his family and close friends have already seen it. Tee hee!

We got a few pictures to take with us but his cord's in every one of them. This one's my favorite, mainly because you can see the cord so clearly but you can also sort of see his face. I think he has Chris' nice full lips. I hope so!


Since we couldn't get any good shots of him, we're going back next Thursday for another try.

Tomorrow I go for my glucose test, and then my Rhogam shot after my 4D ultrasound next week. Great...

I'm now officially on a two week schedule for my doctor's appointments. Welcome to the third trimester!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is a great picture, and I am looking forward to another one next week. You are lucky you will be having 2 ultrasounds in 2 weeks....it is so great to see him in real time. I love reading your blog and looking at the pictures you post. You are entertaining a lot of people, I'm sure.

Mrs G said...

Adorable - I wish I could have more ultra sounds, especially a 4D one. I will just have to wait another 14 weeks or so to see my little one.

Poppy said...

I just love those 3 and 4 D ultrasounds...it's amazing to me how detailed they are. When my son and his girlfriend had theirs with my granddaughter we could all tell who she looked like...she looked and still looks just like her daddy.

I'll be looking forward to seeing the one from next week...maybe the little stinker won't be hiding behind the cord ;)

Erika said...

Welcome to the third trimester, my friend! Isn't it grand?

Did you get a 4D ultrasound as part of your routine care?

Amy Anderson said...

Erika,

Nope, we paid extra for it.

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425