Monday, February 26, 2007

Weekend

What a great weekend. On Saturday we met up with Chris' mom and went out to Middleburg to walk around. They have an amazing yarn shop out there called Hunt Country Yarns and it was great to walk around and touch everything in sight. It sort of motivated me to get knitting and crocheting again. They had some really cool crewel patterns but I don't know what crewel is or how to do it. I may have to get a book. After Middleburg we went to dinner at Magnolia's and got a Dutch Apple Pie from Hill High Orchard. They have the best apple pies EVER!

Yesterday we got about 4 inches of snow so while Chris was playing tennis and then shoveling, I started a fire all by myself. It was so nice and relaxing just lounging around in front of the fire for hours. So much so that I had to take a nap in the afternoon. Poor Chris is the one who played tennis and then shoveled for two hours, and I needed a nap.

But, today it's back to the daily grind and trying to keep my sanity at work. Wish me luck.

Amy

2 comments:

Andria said...

Be glad that I live in Texas, and you in Virginia... I would be heading over for some of that apple pie! ;)

Anonymous said...

Speaking of seeing the other side of things: I was just complaining to my hubby about all the rain we've had lately. At least it's not 4 inches of snow! No more griping about the rain for me!

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425