Tuesday, December 02, 2008

MIA

I know, I've been MIA for a week. Sorry bout that.

Thanksgiving was nice. Thursday morning I woke up with diarrhea, which is always pleasant. And then dry heaved in the shower and felt like I was going to pass out. So I spent a few minutes sitting in the shower until I felt okay enough to stand up. I felt really light-headed and nauseated and all around yucky. I was seconds away from telling Chris to go to Delaware without me. But I went, and the drive was awful. I had grocery bags in my hand in case I needed to puke which I was trying desperately not to do so it wouldn't make Chris all gaggy and pukey while he was driving. Every time I moved or talked it made me nauseous. It was a long 2 hours.

Once we got to Delaware I was feeling a little bit better but still not great. I wound up eating just a few bites of Thanksgiving dinner, but Carter made up for it by eating a LOT. He had mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey, sweet potato biscuit, and sweet potato casserole. He was in heaven. We just filled the tray on his chair and let him go to it.

Later that evening we had another Thanksgiving dinner at Chris' grandmother's house. I just ate some fruit but all the food looked so good. But I still wasn't feeling 100%. I was maybe at 80% at this point, which was a vast improvement from the morning.

The next morning I woke up actually feeling pretty good. I was ready to eat, and thank goodness breakfast was waiting for us when we got to MomMom's house! We had eggs and pancakes. Carter had blackberry pancakes, with blackberries grown in their backyard. He loved them.

We left Delaware around lunchtime on Friday and headed out to my mom's to celebrate with her. This time I was actually able to drive and life was good again. I was really bummed about missing out on all that good food, though. Really bummed.

Dinner at my mom's was good, and again, Carter loved everything he ate. Little piggy. We spent the night and came back home late Saturday afternoon.

So Thanksgiving is sort of a blur of being sick, being in a car, and being surrounded by food. I wish I could have enjoyed it more, but there's always Christmas!

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425