Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Uh oh!

We have word #3! Granted, he hasn't said Hi or ByeBye too much in a while, but he has before, so I'm counting them. Last night, he kept dropping his "credit card" that we give him to play with. Every time he dropped it, I said, "Uh oh!" After a few times, we realized he was repeating what I was saying, but it was in Carterspeak so that's why we didn't realize it at first. But, every time, he said it right after I did. Chris and I got such a kick out of that! I'll try to catch it on video.

He's also gotten really good at high fiving in the past few days. He does his Touchdown whenever he hears us say that word, even if it's not in the right tone or singsong voice. And if we say "high five" and hold up our hand, he presses his hand right into it. So cool. He actually understands what we're saying!

Yesterday, my mom got him to shake her hand. She says, "Carter, do you want to shake my hand" and holds her hand out for him. He grabs it and she shakes it while saying, "How do you dooooo" in a funny voice. He loves it.

Watching him imitate us and learn things is so amazing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! It's amazing how much they really understand. We don't give them enough credit sometimes.

Michelle Lynn said...

Way to go C!

Anonymous said...

That's so cute, I love when they start talking. So here is a random fact. When infants start being able to attain "language processing" - understanding words at it's height is about 22 words/month, but their "language production" i.e., being able to say them is 9 words/month.

Aren't they smart?

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425