Thursday, October 16, 2008

11 Months

Our little dude turned 11 months old yesterday. It's hard to believe it's been almost a year.

He's been so much fun lately. He likes to imitate noises and funny faces. He understands when we say "no" and doesn't like it so much. He's so curious about every sound he hears...that boy will get whiplash one day from all the head straining he does to find the source of the sound. He pries my fingers away one by one if I'm holding something he wants. He kisses with a big wet open mouth. He nibbles my nose and laughs. He loves laying his head down on my chest with his thumb in his mouth. Chris melts when he does it to him. He loves to carry one sock in each hand and gets upset when we take them away. He begs for food, even when he's not hungry. He'll stand right on top of you, put his head down, make his cute little "aahh" sound, and give you puppy dog eyes. And then he'll lick his lips repeatedly. It's ridiculously cute. His favorite toy right now are these little Tonka trains that he can carry around everywhere.

He's decided to stop waving and saying hi and bye for now. But he does do this new thing where he'll put his fists in the air, clench his jaw, and get all red-faced. We call it his Touchdown pose. It's hilarious.

Invitations to his birthday party went out yesterday. Please don't be offended if you weren't invited, and you expected or wanted to be. It's at my mom's house and there's just not enough room for everyone that loves him. We'd have to rent out a banquet hall for that!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Handsome's first birthday party? It was planned on his birthday by my mother and the people attending were me, DH, Handsome, and my parents.

So I'm impressed with your planning ahead of time and even sending invitations!

I'm still scared to have a real party for Handsome. Hopefully I'll start doing better soon because if he never gets a bday party with his little friends he's probably not going to like me much! :)

Kelly said...

Happy 11 Months!!

Anonymous said...

I love your descriptions of Carter, he sounds like such a charachter. There are just so many things to love about little boys!

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425