Friday, July 18, 2008

Once Bitten

Carter got bitten by another kid at daycare yesterday. His sitter turned her back to get everyone's sippy cups and when she turned back around, JK had Carter's leg in his mouth. She quickly stopped him and thankfully it didn't break the skin. However, you can definitely see clearly defined red teeth marks in his leg. I tried to take a picture last night but couldn't get it to show up. The flash on the camera made it disappear when I could actually get him to sit still long enough to get a pic.

The kid who bit him is only like 18 months old. He roughhouses with his older brother a lot and sometimes bites him, so Shaista tries to keep him away from Carter or closely supervised as much as she can.

I'm not angry. I'm actually just looking at it as a rite of passage. Every kid gets bitten at some point. Right?

10 comments:

I'm Not Skippy said...

After reading the post title on my blog feed, I thought for sure this would be a post about new experiences in nursing.

Amy Anderson said...

I'm sure that'll come soon, Jamie...

Holly said...

Yeap... all part of growing up. It really isn't that big of a deal!

Hf said...

yep. M. was biten at church. But his little thing was hair pulling, oh i would cring everytime someone with hair came near him.

Brian said...

I think Chris should kick that kids ass! Then beat his parents.

JayJayGhatt said...

lol@ Brian! wait until he gets into big school. aye! my 6 year old came home with a cut lip and a bruised eye the other day and he goes to a Catholic summer camp! When i asked him, he said it was an "accident" while playing a rough game of kickball and he didn't tell the teacher. I believe his story, but oy!!!

Erika said...

As a mom of a biter, I thank you for being so understanding! Bryce, so far, has only bitten his sister, but I'm scared to death of him biting another kid. (Not that I'm okay w/ him biting Caroline, but you know...)

Hopefully the kid's mom is being reactive/proactive about it and talking to him about not biting and that biting hurts. The random bite is one thing - it's the repetition is one for concern. I hope Carter has sustained his final bite!

Sydney Paige said...

I love your blogger Aunt Amy. I hope you have a good time with Carter. Love - SPR

Tiffany said...

They do get bit. Prayse got bit once at daycare and had teethmarks for almost a week. I was there a second time when I saw the girl going in for the kill. Thankfully her teachers caught it.

Even though its a right of passage it still sucks! I would talk with your daycare provider and see what the plan is for action.

Jess said...

Yowch! Go you for not freaking out and biting the kid back.

Now...that I'd do that or anything...

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425