Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hayleigh's Story

My stepfather has been diabetic since he was young. Growing up, it didn't really occur to me that he was "different." I was used to seeing him inject his insulin into his belly. It was normal for us to go into a restaurant before him so he could sit in the car and do his injection. I didn't blink when he would prick his calloused fingers several times a day to check his sugar. It was all normal to me.

It really wasn't until I "met" Kris that I realized that living with diabetes is not so easy; Brian just made it seem that way. Her daughter Hayleigh is diabetic. She's a sweet, funny, and strong girl and this is her story:

1 comment:

Shelley said...

What a touching video. Hayleigh has sure been through a lot in her young life. Brian and I were very active with the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation for many years (before it was JDRF) and pray for a cure for Hayleigh and all of those living with diabetes.

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425