Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Few Firsts

My mom asked me the other day if I'd found Carter sitting up in his crib yet. Nope, not yet but thanks for asking (and jinxing it). Sure enough, this morning I heard him making some noises but then it got quiet again so I figured he fell back to sleep. I went out into the living room to put his daycare bag by the front door, looked toward his room, and saw his head move in the slight darkness. That's odd, I thought, his head looks higher than it should be. I turned on the light and there he was, sitting up and grinning from ear to ear. I called Chris in to see him (he was home because he had a doctor's appointment this morning) and we both laughed and smiled and chatted with the little dude.

He likes to play with his Bumbo on the floor so I leave it down there for him. He's been interested in bracing his hands on the back and pulling himself up, but if I'm not there to hold down the front it just topples over and he can't do it. Last night we were playing on the floor and he went for it and got himself in an upside-down "L" position; hands on the back of the Bumbo and legs straight. He was so proud of himself. Next attempt I'm sure will be the coffee table.

Speaking of his Bumbo, I'm sure glad we stopped using it for feeding him. He climbed completely out of it last night. Silly kid.


And I think the last thing I keep meaning to post about is his discovery of the letter B. Instead of dadadadada all the time, sometimes he'll yell out BABABABBAAAABO. No "mama" yet. Not even close.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are welcome. It was my pleasure to "jinx" it.

Beth said...

wow, so many new things recently. Go Carter, go.

Becki said...

What a cutie!!

Jenn said...

He's a mover and a shaker! What a cutie!

And now it's time to drop the mattress....

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425