Friday, June 26, 2009

Rash

Carter's got a helluva rash on his butt. He had a few days of diarrhea the week before last and got a bad butt rash from it. I had a lot of trouble getting it to clear up. It would start to get better but then have another flare-up. Today, it got worse than it's been. And it's migrated from his cheeks to the top of his crack. It has a horrible texture to it and the top part seems a bit yellowish. We're headed to the doc in the morning to get him some help. We've tried all the usual treatments: prescription butt cream, hydrocortisone, etc.

2 comments:

NG said...

OK - time for assvice from the interweb... but only because I just have been dealing with this. The Caterpillar doesn't normally get diaper rash but in the month, she had a raging case I just. could. not. clear. up. WEEKS of treating it with creams and powders and letting her run around naked and pee on the floor did nothing. So, grasping at straws, I got some epsom salts from the pharmacy and put about a cup in her bath water. Worked like a charm! I only had to do it on two consecutive nights before the rash was completely gone. I don't know if this would work on every rash... but it's my new secret mom tip.

Mom said...

Poor baby. That is awful looking and I'm sure it doesn't feel so well. Hope the doctor can help relieve it quickly.

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425