Thursday, June 12, 2008

Carter's mom

I was leaving Shaista's house this morning after dropping off Carter and I heard someone yell out, "Hi Carter's mom!" It took me a second to realize she was talking to me. It was one of the elementary school girls she watches every once in a while when they have a half-day. She was on her way to school (the elementary school is right around the corner).

I know theoretically I'm someone's mother, but it still feels surreal to me. To hear someone say it like that was just...strange. I don't know how to explain it. And it's so crazy that Carter has this other life that he lives while I'm at work, where kids know him and play with him.

1 comment:

pop-pop said...

I know that it feels good to be called carter's mom.
how would you feel being called Mr.phyllis as the little cgire living 2 doors down from us on palmer Ave. didn't know my name but she knew grandmas so i was Mr.Phyllis from then on pop-pop

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425