Thursday, July 05, 2007

19 Weeks




Little bugger's growing quickly. My back's been bothering me much more than it used to. Yesterday we were walking around the mall and it was pretty painful. But as long as I kept one hand pushed into my lower back, I could walk just fine. Now I know why pregnant ladies are always walking like that!

Yesterday, we met up with the Bird, Paulie, Wendy and Baby Michael for lunch at Pei-Wei. I haven't seen Birdie since before I was pregnant so I was really excited to see her. And it was an added bonus that the other three came along! We had a nice lunch. I ran into an old friend that I hadn't seen since before Chris and I were dating so he was pretty shocked to see me all married and pregnant and grown up. Sometimes I have trouble believing it myself. It's all very surreal.

Speaking of before Chris and I were dating...today is the five year anniversary of our first date. I can't believe it's been five years. And I'm thankful every day that he didn't give up on me in the beginning. Believe me, he had plenty of opportunities.

Baby, I love you so much and the past five years have been the best of my life. You're amazing.

9 comments:

Chris said...

For all the lurkers and posters out there: I want to tell you that I still remember our first and second date like it was yesterday. I saw her on the balcony and counted up floors and over doors, and went upstairs and knocked on her door. This was our first real meeting. I asked her to go play putt-putt with me (what a retard, huh?) and she did! We just met and she got into a car with me!!! Her mom had a field day with that one. Then we went to Uno's for a couple beers. Our second date, we went to Outback and then to Home Depot. Amy needed a couple things there, but we made a great date out of that one. She tried on a tool belt and we walked around the whole store looking for tools to put into the belt, and then we just put the belt down (loaded with tools) and left. Her salmon leftovers from Outback stunk my car up sooooo much, cause it was July and hot in there. Oh well...after a few breakups we are back and better than ever. We have weathered many a storm and came out much better people, and yes, we are perfect for each other!!! I love you babe!!!

-DH

Anonymous said...

You both made me cry this morning. It is wonderful how you feel about each other. Chris you were correct--I couldn't believe she got into a car with a perfect stranger. I was so glad I didn't know about it until she was home safe. Little did I know then what a terrific person you are. You are both very much in love and that is obvious to all who know you or read about you. Amy, the pictures are great. You look fabulous and that belly is really popping out.

Jess said...

Dear Lord, lady. You are quite pregnant. (That's me, queen of stating the obvious.)

Happy 5th to both of you!

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy,
I am glad you have found the one that will make you happy. It seems that Chris will be a great Dad and husband. I am happy for the both of you! Good Luck in your next trimester and remember I am here for you. I know your family and friends do not live that close! So here I am !! :)

Poppy said...

awwww...you two are too sweet...happy first date anniversary!

Amy...you're looking mighty cute and very happy these days.

Amy Anderson said...

Um, Jess? You're one to talk!

bird said...

Thanks for the shout out. I occasionally travel with an entourage. I wish I could see you both every day. I'm so happy that the both of you make each other so happy.

Emmakirst said...

How cute! I love the belly. And hubby's post, sweet!

Anonymous said...

It's a girl. I can tell from your stomach

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425