Sunday, May 23, 2010

Week of Changes

It's been a big week here in the Anderson household.

Carter's convertible crib/toddler bed was recalled so we decided to bite the bullet and get him a twin sized bed. He had a day or so of some transition stress, but he did pretty good after a few days. He's still a little weird about his comforter because he's used to just a throw blanket, but he's warming up to it. (Ha, see what I did there??)

Chris has been working hard and our garden is finally fully planted. Tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, and tons of herbs. Some of the peppers have holes all over the leaves, so I'm thinking we have a bug situation. Any organic suggestions out there?


And, finally, the biggest news of the week. Drumroll please....

Carter has started going on his potty! He's done a drop here, and a drop there in the past few months, but every time we asked if he wanted to go, he always said no. But yesterday, out of nowhere, he told us he wanted to go on his potty. Of course we obliged and he peed! We were so excited! He went about a hundred more times between yesterday and today, with only 2 accidents thus far. He loves wearing his new underwears and tells me every time we put them on, "You don't peepee in these, Mommy." He's resistant to wearing his diaper now, but I think he understands my explanation of why he has to wear one when he naps or goes to bed. He stopped fighting it so much once I explained that when he sleeps, he sometimes will forget to potty and he'll make a mess in his new underwear. I think that registered with him.

So, anyway, big exciting things happening here.

2 comments:

MB said...

I'm having the same problem with the peppers! I just ordered a bunch of ladybugs via internet. Will let you know if that actually works or if they all just fly away.

Mom said...

I just realized that his pj's match his bedding...lol

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425