Monday, July 13, 2009

Oh, come on!

I took Carter to the fountain this morning to play and there was a little boy there, maybe two years old, down on the ground crying and having a hissy fit. Carter was very concerned and was watching him for a minute and then said, "Baby?" I said, "Yes, the baby's upset and crying." The mom (or maybe she was the grandmother; she was quite a bit older) made a point of asking me how old Carter is and then said to the other kid, "You're not a baby, are you? You're older than that boy. You're no baby!"

Get a grip, lady. I wasn't trying to insult your kid. Carter calls all kids "babies." He doesn't know the difference. So I told her that he calls all kids babies and she said, "Yeah, at THAT age, they do." in a tone that insinuated that I shouldn't be calling him one. Whatever.

7 comments:

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

Sounds like the grandmother was the baby.

Brandy said...

Oh get a grip, lady. I would have called her a three year old because of her behavior.

Tiffany said...

Whatever dude - some people drive me nuts. Prayse calls everyone "baby" too. Even the 3 or 4 year olds who walk by.

Carter is so cute!

I'm Not Skippy said...

There have been times when someone kid younger than Parker will point at him and say "baby" And my wife or I will say to the other, "he's older than you kid." But it's in a joking manner. Parker calls them all "kids." He doesn't normally say baby.

Unknown said...

maybe she should have been more concerned with the child/toddler/baby she was watching!

Holly Everton said...

yeah that lady does need to get a grip!!! Timothy does the same thing if he hears another child crying and sometimes he insist on helping them!!!

Jess said...

"You're right. Carter, that there is a toddler, this lady here is a baby."

ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425 ss_blog_claim=86be2c4954b7fd5203a34626824dc425